Friday, April 15, 2011

Because Red Is Her Favorite Color

In the last couple of months I set out on a new adventure.  It's one that I had been looking to embark on for a very long time.  But it was the itch to get back into photography that prompted it!  I was looking around at photography websites and seeing what the "latest" in photography trends were, when I came upon photos of infants wearing the cutest hair accessories.  Headbands, flowers, hats, you name it!  And it got me thinking.  "I can make that!"  So, I did!  And from then on, it's been like an avalanche of creative projects.  They started with cute headbands and handmade flowers and clips, and now I'm making baby blankets, stuffed owls, appliqued onesies, and onesie and tank dresses.  And the possibilities are endless!  I'm obssessed with looking at "tutorials" on how to make this and how to make that. 

I've been dying to get into the baby business for so long.  But something was holding me back.  Well, actually, as Betheny Frankel puts it, the "noise" was holding me back.  The little voices in your head that say, "You can't do that!"  Well, I'm here to tell you that yes, you can!!!  And here's the proof!

I took a simple white tank top from Old Navy and added the lace, the skirt, and made the head band.  When I saw this red fabric, this is what came to mind.  Ashlyn used to love pink, but her latest favorite color is Red!  Here you go, Ash!  This one's for you!






And on another note, and ironically in red, isn't she delicious?  But who was thinking when they made teething biscuits brown?  What a mess!

0 comments: